Friday, April 26, 2013

Feature Friday - Ladonna in the Spotlight





Tell Us About Yourself:
Hello everyone, my name is LaDonna Brazille. I am a woman who loves the Lord, I am the only child, I am a mother of 5 adult children, I am a hairstylist & I am a woman who loves being natural.

Were you a slow transitioner or did you Big Chop & Why?
I guess you can say I transitioned, I had been wearing my hair short for many years & started noticing my hair was not the same, I started thinning at the top, so when I decided to go natural I just stopped getting relaxers & just started scrunching it & I grew out that way.

How did you feel after going natural?
I had been natural before when I was in my twenties but this time was different for me, I actually enjoyed it more so than the first time, I guess because I was in a different place in my life so it was really a rejuvenating move for me.




How did family and friends react to your decision to go natural? What was your response to them? My family was supportive, my mother has been natural most of her life so family wasn't an issue. Friends & others had something to say but I was at an age that it really didn't matter cause I was confident in my skin so my reaction was (I really don't care what you think) without being rude...lol

Describe your hair.
Now this is where I get confused at, I think I'm between a 4a-4b hair type. My hair is easy to manage, its soft to the touch & thinner than I like but its my natural & I just deal with it, lol.

What’s your current hair routine? What are your favorite products? I admit I really need to do better on getting a routine, when it comes to my hair I'm lazy & I have to make myself do it. Since I'm not a product junky I stick with what I know. I like the Shea Moisture line, I AM line, coconut oil, I wash maybe once every two weeks with KeraCare no sulfate shampoo & Co wash with Shea Moisture deep conditioner, detangle with my tangle tezzer brush, then do a protective style, twist out or some Bantu knots.

How do you maintain your hair at night?
I always wear a bonnet to bed, I sometimes double strand twist it but usually I do a protective style & wear it for most of the week. I need to do better in this area as well.


What’s the best thing about being natural?
How I feel....I feel free & more of who I am. I like the versatility & the fact that my hair looks & feels thicker than it appears.

I heard you are a professional hairstylist is that true? How did you get into doing hair?Yes that is true, I've been doing hair on a professional level for 14 years now. As a little girl I've always been into hair & fashion. When I was in high school I took up cosmetology my junior & senior year but didn't have the confidence to go get my license. 7 years went by & I knew this was really something I wanted to do so I decided to go back to school. I graduated, passed State Boards & received my cosmetology license in 1999.









 

Do you specialize in anything or do you do it all? Weaves, natural hair, relaxers, etc...
I DO IT ALL excluding braids. I use to braid but my hands can no longer tolerate the tension that braiding puts on them.








Where can we find you on the web and for hair services?
Website: www.styleseat.com/ladonnabrazille
Instagram: @lovingmynatural Facebook: LaDonna D. Brazille
Twitter: @MsLaDonnaB
Email: hair.by.ladonna@gmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment